Saturday, May 07, 2011

Well! And Well Done!

After the game was over, after the handshake line* and initial interviews and general jubilation, NESN went to commercial, and this was up first:



(The next ad was for Ace Tickets, with tickets for the third round now available. A neat trick, given that the third round won't even start until the second round finishes up out west. We could start Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday, depending.)

Well, how about those Bruins, eh? Wow! A sweep, even. On to Tampa!

The last time the team went this far in the playoffs was 1992, and while I remember the year well, it makes me cringe to think that our youngest player, Tyler Seguin, was only a few months old when that happened. It's a long time ago.

From Stanley Cup of Chowder, a good quote from the ever-cheerful Bruins goalie, who has deflected next-series questions before by claiming that he doesn't think about that before midnight.

Tim Thomas on if he is thinking ahead to the Tampa Bay series:

"We are going to have lots of time. Generally my rule is until midnight, but because it was an eight o-clock game I am going to give it until one before I starting thinking about Tampa."

I was saddened when they announced that from here on in, no more games are on NESN. It's just not the same, the national coverage. I know Jack Edwards' wacky enthusiasm bugs some people, but I like it, and I'll miss it. Who else would bring up last season's Dreadful Collapse by saying that while half of this year's team didn't go through it, the other half still has the fang marks on their legs where they "took their foot off the snake"?

It was a good night, is what I'm saying, though it didn't come without a price: my favorite player, one of the Bruins' best, got his bell rung hard in the third period and did not return. Word today is that he has a concussion. I hope it's the smallest possible one there is; with his history, any head problems are worrisome. We shall see, I guess.

Go Bruins!

No comments:

Post a Comment