Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Only A Summary Tonight

I had such a great trip!

And now I'm home, behind on everything*, and terrifically tired.

*You should have seen my inbox. And the kitchen table. Or maybe you shouldn't. That might be best.

I'm not going to get into much detail tonight, because there's unpacked stuff and mail and newspapers everywhere, a cat who wants a lap, and a rather crucial hockey game on tonight (the Bruins blew game one Saturday night, making me somewhat regret that I was able to watch it at my friend's house, and they pretty much need to play better tonight or else). But just to give you the quick summary:
  • my friend and I got to thoroughly catch up, including all sorts of discussion of my new job and how glad I am to have it
  • we went to Monticello, we enjoyed it very much, and I took many, many pictures
  • we visited used book stores, a yarn store (I only fell down in there a little), the Textile Museum, and ...
  • goosefairy! who just happens to live a few miles away from my friend! Cue "It's a Small World" and roll tape. We had a wonderful visit with goosefairy, her charming husband, and their overall-friendly pets, showed off knitting, talked yarn and books and movies and all sorts of things. Great fun.
Now, trust me when I say that I will go into much more detail about all that and more, with pictures (my camera card is almost full)(train travel is excellent for knitting accomplishment, as I thought it would be). But not tonight. Thanks for understanding!

2 comments:

  1. welcome home - glad you had such a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! You missed the whole Blogger meltdown, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete