Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Second interview complete: let the waiting commence

I think it went well*; I am hopeful; there is nothing to do now but wait. They expect to make a decision by the end of the week, so at least it won't be a long wait.

*Oh, hell, it went well, it went well, I'm just trying to sound all casual, like I won't be crushed if they make the wrong decision. I will pity them! That's right. Uh-huh.

And I got a reminder lesson this morning in why it's a good idea to leave way, way early for an interview, even when you know where you're going, etc. When I went to my interview last week, the last little bit of the trip (through the town center) was very congested and slow-moving, and took about ten minutes for a two-minute distance. So I looked at the map and thought that perhaps going a slightly different way would work better--it's a little bit longer, but might be faster.

Or not. What might have been five minutes without traffic took thirty this morning. Fortunately, being the compulsive little early-freak that I am, I still parked 15 minutes before the time I was due. But still. Yoicks.

I wasn't feeling well yesterday, one of those headaches that takes the whole body down with it, and though I dragged myself to work, I only managed an hour before giving up and going home again. When I got there, I simply went back to bed, and slept the day away--the cats were thrilled. I did get up in time for the Bruins game*, but I missed stitch and bitch, as well as blogging. I don't feel great today, but much better. It'll do.

*Which the Bruins won, in OT, thanks largely to Tim Thomas.

Waiting, waiting, waiting...

4 comments:

  1. Ankles and fingers are crossed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they have half a brain they will .... okay. You know what I think. Keep me posted.
    I had a bad headache yesterday too - sorry to hear you did as well. Love you and ... fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers and toes crossed for you. Hope you are headache free today.

    ReplyDelete