Sunday, August 15, 2010

Weekend Report: Craft Day, Couch Day

I'm having a couch day today. I woke around 6 with a headache coming in, so I took something and went back to bed. Now I have that after-feeling that could be part of the headache or could be a result of the meds, who knows? The best example of how I feel is the sentence I spoke a while ago: "I wonder if I have the energy to knit?"

The answer was yes, by the way. I'm swatching for socks, never my favorite thing as I find measuring a swatch baffling. I used three different needle sizes to see which will be the best fit for the yarn and pattern. Confusingly, I got 6.5 stitches to the inch on size 2 needles, 7 on size ones, and ... 7 on size zeroes. That shouldn't be possible, I think. The sections look different, but they measure the same. Usually I love knitting, but this part is a little frustrating. I think I'll take the swatch to my stitch and bitch tomorrow night and see if I'm measuring it right.

I did go to the craft fair yesterday, and had a good time. Before I show you the day, though, I have two unrelated photos of cute to share.

Baby tenrecs.

I've never heard of them before, but those cute little faces!

And a smiling sloth.

See? Slothfulness leads to happiness. Doesn't surprise me a bit.

Moving on ... into the woods.

Sunapee is a peaceful setting for a summer event.

Summer, I said. Do not hold your breath on this for me.

It is funny to be at a ski resort in August.




There was a sculpture garden that I enjoyed. For insects, dragonflies are quite nice, don't you think?


Though if they were that size in real life, I would not appreciate it so much.

A peace moose.


Bears in the sun.

These glass masks were very cool.



And I liked this raptor-guy, though he was hard to photograph.

The head-on shot was really weird.

If I had a garden, perhaps...

Other pretty and interesting things for sale, but either out of my price range or space constraints.







I did buy a couple of things, mostly gifts, but in all I had my camera out more than my wallet, which is fine. It was fun to look at everything. Unlike some fairs, everything here is pretty much high-quality craftsmanship. Worth the drive, I think.

And now...back to the couch.

1 comment:

  1. Neat crafts! I'm a little afraid of that giant dragonfly, though.

    It's a rainy day here, so an afternoon on the couch would be totally understandable.

    ReplyDelete