Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Seen Around Boston

When I started this job, my manager told me that we work 35-hour weeks, but sometimes will do more. Today she told me that if I want to, I can work extra hours now. I think it's nice that it's optional, not mandatory, but in any case since I have work to do, and like money, I will! But it means getting home an hour later and it's what time already? Didn't I just get home?

What I'm saying is, it's pictures tonight. Here are some recent shots from Boston.

I get the concept, but why is this called a Bumper Bully? Who exactly is it bullying?

Sing it with me: "Why am I such a misfit..."
"I am not just a nitwit..."


This morning the train stopped before it got to the station, and I just had time to snap this sign. How often do the drivers have to be reminded which direction to go?
And why does it matter how far away the stations are?

Ah, the Back Bay and its architecture. Oh look, the flag's flying, they're in.

And the picture I didn't get: a boy of about ten in a Save Ferris t-shirt. (Really, Urban Outfitters? Twenty-four dollars for a t-shirt?) Does he actually like the movie, or just the shirt, I wonder?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'd like to think my train operator knew which way we were headed too! Maybe because of the name change from NEMC to Tufts MC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Oh look, the flag's flying, they're in."--LOL! My chiropractor used to put out a huge flag back when she had a storefront space.

    I see "Save Ferris" and I think of "10 Things I Hate About You."

    ReplyDelete