Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Tale of Two Basils, and Two Cats

I have finally given up on The World's Most Pathetic Basil Plant, which has been barely surviving on my kitchen table for months now.


See? Pathetic.

I just don't get enough direct sunlight for it to be happy. I remembered to water it regularly, which is an accomplishment for me, but still. "Not thriving" is probably the kindest way to put it.

So I got a small planter pot, and a healthy new basil plant, and am going to try keeping it outside, where the sun is. My neighbors didn't mind the idea of my leaving it on the shared stoop, so on Sunday I potted the new guy:


With help!


I haven't seen this guy around before, but his tag said "Marcel, outdoor cat", and as you can see he was super-friendly. He came meowing up just as I was finishing, and stayed around for the photo shoot, purring.


I looked out a few times after I went in, and he was still there.


Cute cat! And speaking of cute cats, I have one of those inside as well:


The face! The paws! He kills me with the cuteness.


Either you're a cat people or you isn't, and I is.

1 comment:

  1. all i've got to say is, cats are lucky they are so darn cute when they sleep 'cause that's all they seem to do!

    ReplyDelete