Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Quick Thought About Blog-Reading

One of the things that I find interesting about reading blogs is that I often have virtually nothing in common, superficially at least, with people whose blogs I really enjoy. A lot of them are married, have kids, are super-outgoing, or are athletic*. Some even don't like cats! If you can imagine.

*These sorts of things are true of some of my friends, too. Hmm.

But I find that when people's writing makes me think, or nod, or laugh out loud, I come back for more. As in:
...when I run, my head overheats, and when my head overheats I feel like murdering everyone in my vicinity (don’t worry, I don’t have the stamina).
So that's all I have tonight, but if you wanted to mosey over to Pickles & Dimes, you might like it. Or not. I do, is all I'm saying.

Have you ever analyzed why you read what you do?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah--sometimes I wonder, "If I were in a room with the bloggers I read, would I like them? Would they like me?" Still, I'm glad we have our few minutes together. . .

    That "children's story" post at Pickles & Dimes was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete