Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Briefly

I did feel better this morning than yesterday, so I went to work, but I didn't feel 100%. Exhibit A was when I looked at a list of abbreviated titles and didn't immediately guess that RETCHNG was "reteaching". Yeah. The afternoon was better than the morning, though, which I guess is preferable to the other way around.

**********
I hope I make it to my stitch and bitch group next week. It's been one thing after another on Monday nights lately, and I've only made it once in the last few months. I miss it!

**********
I am currently pretending that I only have one cat. That would be Carlos, who is not responsible for the scratch on my arm. I may start calling him The Good Cat.

I managed to catch Miri last night, after several weeks of knowing I needed to. I had discovered, through the cautious and infrequent petting that she allows me to do, that she had a fairly large mat in her fur, which I knew I was going to have to do something about. The joys of a super-skittish long-haired cat are legion!

So I got her by the scruff, and she sank into a tense coma while I tried to comb and cut it out one-handed. In fact, she was so still that I was lulled into a sense of false security, and loosened my grip somewhat. As soon as I did, she launched like the space shuttle, leaving me pissed and bleeding. I got most of the clump out, and the little ingrate will just have to live with the rest until I heal (both scratch and temper).

The little pissant is being friendly to me tonight, and I am simply not in the mood for her.

Further evidence that I am a delicate flower: I put a bandage on it last night, to avoid bleeding on the bed. That bandage did not want to come off this morning, ow.

3 comments:

  1. ack! sorry about the wounding. i'm pretty sensitive to the adhesive in bandaids - simply cannot leave them on for too long or i get a terrible red reaction from them.

    we have a long-hair fluffy cat that gets those mats as well. my husband has become a pro at cutting them out. she hates it when he is doing the clearing of the great mats O' fur and does that growling meow the the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is she just being difficult, or is she distressed? You could try http://www.rescueremedy.com/pets/ - it might make her spaced out and easier to handle...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yow! That's a long scratch; she must've launched herself practically out the window. Hope you are feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete