Thursday, May 06, 2010

Thought Nuggets for the Day

  • No news. Retain crossed fingers, please.
  • How about those Bruins? I can not figure out where this team was all year, but boy are they ever peaking at the right time. Philly didn't play badly, but just about everything they tried, the Bruins were in the way. Just amazing. What will happen tomorrow? Will the loss of David Krejci (our second big player out for the season this series, ow) be a major problem for the team, or just a personal disappointment for him?
  • I woke up early this morning, 6:45. Well, it's early when I don't have to be up! I thought I wasn't going to fall back asleep, but I did, and had an intense dream where I was part of a group of people arguing with these alien intelligences about how we should behave in order to survive. (I was pointing out that their suggestions might be prudent, but that isn't something humans are very often.) Out of the blue, one of the aliens asked what the difference is between Minneapolis and St. Paul. I couldn't answer, but someone else said that it was nice to have a place so close by to get away to. And I woke up. Riddle me that one.
  • This one's a little gross; finish what you're eating before you read on. Carlos was eating breakfast this morning when he got the urps, as cats sometimes do. He then threw up into the food bowl. Part of me wanted to throw up too, but honestly, that was the easiest ever to clean up.
  • I noticed these lilacs today, and saw that though most of the bush is white-edged purple, one branch is white.

See? Isn't that weird?

Caught Carlos allowing Miri close to him today.


This is going on the blog, isn't it?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carlos is channeling Bob now, eh? Cute!

    If Miri turns into the dreaded Sobakawa, however, Massachusetts will need to go under invasion alert and move to Minneapolis/St Paul.

    I deleted the first comment because one sentence lacked a verb and I refuse to look like a total incompetent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You *so* captured the Carlos caption. What a look!

    ReplyDelete