Monday, May 03, 2010

Day One Out of the Asylum

What?

I didn't get a lot done today, in part because it was hot (I am NOT complaining, I am just saying), and I found that when I broke a sweat just sitting at the computer, the idea of bustling about Getting Things Done lacked appeal. I do have some plans for the time off beyond the obvious (sleep late; find another job), but Day One was largely unaccomplished. Which is actually fine with me.

I was going to jump into some office organizing, because I watched "Hoarding: Buried Alive" on TV last night and oh my god, does that ever make me want to clean up, but just call me Scarlett, perhaps I'll start tomorrow.

I did try to post the flower photos from my Friday walk earlier today and boy, Blogger was still not in the mood. Error, error! I consulted Google and adjusted my Settings (who knew there was a new photo editor?), and that was even worse! I mean, I suppose it makes sense that if there's something new, it's because they changed how it works, but ugh. Not working! I stomped away in a snit, and when I tried again the old way, cautiously, tonight (after The Bruins Won!), it worked. So here we go!

I saw violets all over the place, which kind of surprised me. Pretty, though.




And I love these pretty trees with the feather-stroked petals.





This one is my new computer wallpaper.



I didn't recognize these at all:


Anyone?



The other type of flowery tree.


And flowery bushes, too (I love this time of year, sneezes and all).



And bluebells! Who knew?


My old friends tulips provide welcome color variety.


And bleeding heart, too.


But best of all? Lilacs, lilacs, everywhere.












Here a lilac, there a lilac, lilac scent everywhere. And these are just photos from my neighborhood! I was back at the Arboretum yesterday, wait til you see those. Ahh, the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment