Sunday, March 14, 2010

"Stormy Weather" Doesn't Say Enough

It takes a lot for an English major, a wordsmith, to admit that words fail me, but this stormy weather? That's been typhooning around here for days? Um. Yeah. Cold, wet, windy as hell (is hell windy?), torrential, loud, flooding, trees down...and that just doesn't even cover it.

And in much the same way that I'm tired of being grateful to have a job, even one I hate, I'm getting tired of being grateful that you don't have to shovel rain. I know you don't, but it can provoke insanity all the same.

But! Look at the pretty yarn!


Bought in the rain, but isn't it sunny? Guess what it is.


Camel! Seriously! I find this very amusing for some reason. I really loved Coveted Yarn. I'm not close to Gloucester at all, but it will be a regular, required part of all North Shore visits after this.

We went to five yarns shops on the yarn crawl Saturday before I had to break away for other plans, and as I'd only been to one before, it was a great experience of discovery. Melrose, Rockport, Gloucester, Beverly Farms, Salem, whew! I didn't buy a whole lot of yarn, though this little guy jumped into my hand in Rockport:


This sign was hard to argue with.


I bought a magazine I never heard of before (like National Geographic for fiber people is how it was described to me).


Because I could not resist this face.


And a couple of fun little knitting cards:



It was great fun despite the weather. That's the weekend summary, really: great fun despite the weather.

The weather really sucks, though. And it's not over yet.

1 comment:

  1. Camel!? That is something!

    I thought the yarn might be Cat because it looked orange and Carlos has been casting off his winter coat. :)

    This weather is ridiculous. It is still raining here. And I'm, what, six hours away from you? UGH.

    On a cheerier note, my prize arrived yesterday. Thank you again for the book!

    ReplyDelete