Thursday, March 11, 2010

Closer to Friday

I'm going to keep this short, as I'm tired and mostly-post-headache-y and will be climbing into bed thirty seconds after the Bruins game ends. In honor of the lead they have, I want to share this fascinating graphic with you, though let me say first to any local knitters, are you going to be doing the North of Boston yarn crawl this Saturday? Look for me--you'll know me by my Abrazo, surely!

Now, yes, Canadians love their hockey, and were very excited to watch the gold-medal-winning game at the recent Olympics. How excited?

Well, apparently in Edmonton, everyone sat through the game and only went to the bathroom between periods. Look at the water usage! (Click to make it bigger.)


Almost as fascinating to me is that someone thought to look and see this trend. I would never move closer to colder weather, but otherwise Canada is very tempting.

2 comments:

  1. You climbed into bed happy, didn't you? The Flyers got steamrolled! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was seriously tempted by the North of Boston Yarn Crawl... but it started raining earlier than expected today and I am just too wimpy to attempt traffic maneuvering in unknown locals even WITH a GPS. If your brave soul ventures forth, I salute you. If not, I agree with your sensibility!

    p.s. today's word verification was 'waspe' -- is that French for wasp? Or Spanish?

    ReplyDelete