Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Where is the sun? Have you got it?

This weather needs to pull itself together, and soon. Today we had a tornado warning! What the hell, people, Boston does not get tornadoes. Mother Nature needs to get a grip. (It's supposed to start getting better Friday, but I've heard that before.)

Tonight I have a request to make of any who might read here. My mother is having surgery tomorrow (hip replacement), and any prayers or well-wishes you care to think would be appreciated. We would have liked this not to be necessary, particularly this year, but as it must be, may it go as well as possible, is what I ask.

And now I shall return to my book, a charming novel called The Making of a Marchioness, by Mrs. Hodgson Burnett (yes, her). The main character enjoys every little pleasure so greatly that another character comments,
"What a temperment* to have! I would give ten thousand a year for it."
*sic

Not only am I enjoying the book, I hope to have some of her joy rub off on me.

3 comments:

  1. Prayers for your mom. My younger sister (I love putting it that way) has had both her hips replaced in the last 5 years (separate operations). She followed the doctors orders religiously and is is thrilled with her bionic status. No hip pain after surgery. Complete mobility returned.

    Scary, yes, but worth it. I hope your mom has someone with her to help out in the initial recovery days when she will not be able to do stairs.

    I hear the sun'll be out tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed....prayers for your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, lots of love and prayers for L/J.

    ReplyDelete