Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Tuesday Night's Randomness

I've made corn on the cob* a few times this year, and it has been disappointing every time. Tonight, though, it was finally "local", and it was divine. Let me emphasize that: divine. Phew. Made me wish I bought more. And I will!

*Doesn't that sound funny? Like I made the corn, or cobbed it somehow? Made it for dinner is what I mean, of course.

Today was a pretty good day overall. Any day that starts with a migraine and doesn't go on with one is a good day, really. I had a slight headache last night, but more of one when I woke up, enough that I took another pill, called in late to work, and slept it out. I couldn't get back to sleep at first, actually, but a little of this* and a little of that**, and I did. So far, still clear.

*Alka-Seltzer
**Ginger Ale

I got the funniest spam e-mail the other day. Not that I read the spam, but I go into the spam filter to delete them because they annoy me, plus once in a very great while the filter grabs something it shouldn't. (Overall, gmail is very good about that, but I still have to check.) The subject line on this one made me laugh out loud:
"Terrorists used cats! Iraq"
Leaving the superfluous "Iraq" out of it, I still love it. Used cats for what? What could terrorists use cats for? Funny and baffling at the same time.

Also, I suppose, if you assume poor punctuation (which is rarely a stretch, sadly) and a typo, it could refer to what you'd have after: terrorist-used cats, i.e., cats that had been used by terrorists.

Though really ... for what?

3 comments:

  1. I'll swap you New Jersey Silver Queen sweet corn for your local ear... wait... no I won't.

    :-)

    DEE-LISH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been doing Valley Corn (CT River Valley) for a few weeks - it's the best time of the year for food.

    Do you boil, steam or self-steam in the microwave? I take off most of the outer leaves, cut the tassels off and nuke for 6 minutes. Leaves & silk peel off like a dream and nothing to wash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had a lot of trouble getting good corn this season. Even when it's from the farmer's market. It's been very hit or miss.

    ReplyDelete