Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Night, Feeling Pensive

This weekend, I've had to do something I have hardly done at all, in this Summer That Wasn't: turn on the air conditioner. I can remember one day in June when I did, when it was warm enough that hustling up and down for the laundry drove me to it, but otherwise, it hasn't been necessary. Both yesterday and today, though, were warm, and humid enough that I opened the vents. Interestingly, since I made the switch midday today, the temperature has only gone down about 1 degree--but the humidity is down over 10%, and that makes a palpable difference.

Not that I'm complaining about the heat, mind you. You know I love it. It's just hard to get anything done around the place when the weather encourages sitting still. And I had to do laundry today, preferably without collapsing after. So a/c it is. In a while, I expect windows will again be possible, as it's cooling down already, closer now to 80 than 90.

What else? Well, I've been knitting away. The sock is getting slightly longer, enough to try on, but not enough that it wants to stay on the foot:


(The photo color choices were between washed out and overexposed.)

Also, I don't think I ever posted a finished shot of the lacy little bag. I finally threaded a ribbon around the top, and I kind of like it:


And of course, around here, there are always the cats.


Miss "pet me and I will purr loudly, while watching you like a hawk in case you decide to attack"

And himself, or at least part of him.


I love that paw.

1 comment:

  1. Tux's front paws are like that - mixed and symmetrical!

    It's about darn time we had some HHH (hot/humid/hazy) weather around here. As long as the storms don't kill the electricity to the house, I'm fine with it.

    ReplyDelete