Thursday, July 30, 2009

Early start to the weekend

So I was at work today, filing some records in Doc Control (which is also where my boss has her desk), trying to remember the alphabet through my headache. Yes, day three of the headache, but don't worry, I'm sure it will be gone tomorrow--positive, really--because that's when I have my annual appointment with the neurologist. Just like when your car makes a funny noise that stops as soon as you take it to a mechanic, the odds are pretty good that I won't have a headache when I see the headache doctor.

Anyway! I was filing, and my boss and her boss were talking about some process of storing certain files, and currently they are organized this way, but what about organizing them that way, and when my boss started to argue for the method currently in use, it sounded like she was arguing the other way (I'm sure that can be attributed to the headache, though). Then someone else who would be affected by this walked past the office and was called in, and they started to talk (often all three at once), with a lot of "Hear me out" and "Let me make a suggestion" and I thought my head might actually explode.

Fortunately, my filing was done, so I briefly admired the drawer (now beautifully organized), and went back to my desk.

I really, really hope the headache does finish soon, not only for the obvious reasons, but because it's just possible that the rock concert I bought tickets to over four months ago might be less fun with a headache. Do you think? I think so, and given that this is my favorite group, that would be a shame. I saw them at the Wang Center in Boston in 1986, look how gorgeous:


That's just the lobby. (You can read more about the theater here.) It was an amazing place to see the show, plus we were in the balcony and it was vibrating, which was very cool when I was 17. And we could barely hear for at least an hour after it ended, which also seemed cool and funny then.

I've also seen them several times since then at Great Woods, and by the way? I will continue to call it Great Woods, no matter how many corporate sponsor names it goes through (two so far). Great Woods, Great Woods, Great Woods. Corporate names can be all fine and whatever, but I dislike them generally. And don't even get me started on the National Car Rental Center, which never sounded like a place to find a hockey game. Or the Bi-Lo Center, which is named after a grocery store chain and led to a bewildered caller to the radio asking plaintively why a certain major rock group was playing a concert in a grocery store.

Where was I? Oh, I didn't say who I'm seeing.

Depeche Mode.

Laaaaaa! I'm so excited; can you tell?

And this is funny: I just went to their website for the link, and what does it say? They're playing tomorrow at
"Boston MA
Comcast (Great Woods)"
So there! I'm not the only nut out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment