Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tomorrow is Friday! Let's celebrate with Random.

Here's what's in my head at the moment. Well, some of what's in my head. Does that make you feel better or worse?

For a while recently, the Bruins have been less fun to watch than they had been being most of this season, but they're back! After a disappointing road trip, they've won their last two games at home, 6-1 and 6-0, and it's fun again. Yay! In the third period tonight, the announcers mentioned that in the previous game and this one (through five goals), 19 players had a goal or an assist*. Wow! Go Bruins indeed.

*And some have both, or more than one, etcetera. But 19 players with at least a point. It's really, really good.

Tonight's win was their 42nd, one more than they had all last season. I am a happy hockey fan.

The Cat Capades continue to make progress. Today I saw actual playing from both parties, not just Miri offering and Harold declining. He's not completely committed to this New Cat idea, but his resistance is melting. What a relief.

Work continues to be busy. Although tiring, that's good. (I continue to be very, very happy to have a job.) And it's a good group of people, which makes such a difference.

I'm really tired of winter, but there are starting to be a few signs of it ending. It hasn't snowed much in the last few weeks. It hasn't been that constant bitter cold that pretty much ruled January. And, drumroll please, it isn't dark when I leave work.

That's so huge for my morale. In fact, so is sunlight in the morning before I go to work, but that one is a mixed blessing. It's hard enough for me to get moving in the morning, but when there's sunshine and a cat or two sprawled across the bed? Oh, baby. Get the heavy equipment, nothing else is moving me. So the daylight at 5:30 PM is a happier thing to see. It makes me feel like "night" hasn't started, and I have all sorts of "evening" left.

I'm still tired, extra tired, winter tired, though. Here's something that pisses me off: on Sunday night, I stayed up really late, reading. I was sooo tired Monday morning that I made sure to get to bed at a decent hour Monday night. I got about three hours more sleep than the previous night ... and was still tired. I feel like I'm always tired. One of my co-workers actually gets mildly irritated with me because she has a 1-year-old and a three-year-old, and thus gets hardly any sleep. Yet there I am looking tired at her! I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do about it, though.

Maybe go to sleep now? Well, that's not really for her. But it is what I'm going to do, all the same. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, not sure this comment is really helpful but I do believe that if you got 45 min of daily exercise, you would actually be less tired. I know that sounds like hogwash, but it works for me and my dad so I am putting it out there! It's easy enough to join a gym and force yourself to go a few nights a week after work and once on the weekends. Well try it and see if it helps your energy level, anyway. Love you, jdj

    ReplyDelete