Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Singing Along

I'm one of those people who doesn't just sing along with the radio, I really sing it, just as if I can sing. I totally can't sing (well, that is), but brother, I can sing when the music's loud enough.

A few of the songs I enjoyed this morning. Some variety, no?



If only I could hit the high notes. Well, trying counts, right? This is one of those " it's almost embarrassing but let's tell the truth" selections.



I move around between several stations, but in this case, one station went from the Four Seasons directly into Coldplay. Very interesting!

Then Everclear on another station:



And the Bravery, of whom I have barely heard, but I like this song:



I really like the lyrics; some in particular resonated for me last Fall:
So give me something to believe
Cause I am living just to breathe
And I need something more
To keep on breathing for
So give me something to believe
And for some reason, that song makes me think of this one, which I did not hear this morning:



To be honest, I don't even recognize this band's name (Finger Eleven? Honestly?). But I like the song, and once when I was singing along at top volume while in rush hour traffic, I cracked myself up by realizing what I was singing toward the bumper of the car in front of me:
I want to make you move
because you're standing still
He was, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment