Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Some random bits

A few bits and pieces, as I've spent much of the evening watching the Bruins game*, not crafting words.

*Which has been more entertaining than recently, and about time too. It's currently 6-1 Boston. I like that score!

*************************

Laugh out loud on the highway at the logo on the Prickly Pear Produce truck: We Know Our Shiitake

*************************

Guilt trip via high school fundraising letter: Think Green. Save Paper. A gift sent today will help avoid future mailings.
Oh, so now it's my fault if you waste paper?

*************************

Scary news, or just weird? You decide. In the story (from last year, but somehow I never wrote about it) on the blueprints for the Freedom Tower in NYC being found in the garbage by a homeless man, here's the part that struck me:

Mr Fleming said he was concerned that the documents might fall into the wrong hands.

"I was outraged, because this is priceless," he told the New York Post.

"This could have ended up on eBay or gotten to al-Qaeda."

Is it just me, or does he not sound sure which is worse?

No comments:

Post a Comment