Friday, November 07, 2008

There is a slight change

No, no, I still have a job. I'm just starting Wednesday, instead of Monday, which suits me fine. Now that I know I have a job, time off is like vacation. Minus the worry, it's rather pleasant. (You know, aside from watching Pan fade away, worrying about my Dad's health, and so on.) Relaxing.

Oh, and speaking of vacation?

I got the offer in writing today. Title, salary, reporting to, all that I knew. Seeing the salary in print was nice; did I mention I'm making more than I was? And that my commute is shorter? Those I also knew.

I did not know that I'll be getting four weeks of vacation per year. I may have squealed.

Four weeks! The most I've ever had is 3, and that was after 5 years at B&N. Wow. I'm seriously excited by that.

And also, by having a job. That's really nice.

Off to bask. Happy Friday, all. Have a pretty picture or three:



4 comments:

  1. Four weeks! More money! Shorter commute! This proves good things can happen to good people.

    Now if only we could stop Pan and Perry Penelope from failing and restore your dad's health...

    But enjoy what you have and especially enjoy those two days of "vacation" on Monday and Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's a nice chunk of vacation for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm so glad something is going right for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sitting here happy dancing for you (I know take in the full visual). I am so HAPPY for you about the job, and now hopefully everything else will fall into place in as peaceful a way as possible. I will drink a blueberry ale for you!!!

    ReplyDelete