Thursday, November 20, 2008

And this is Thursday

So, the mammogram wasn't that bad. I mean, it's not fun, but compared to the gyn exam, it's nothing. Positioning, pressure, ow-and-hold-your-breath, done. It actually hurt more when I got back into the dressing room and could see the red marks on my skin, but it was really only a faint ache. And thus endeth the PSA.

The cats are still adjusting to my being out all day. And by adjusting, I mean not adjusting. I get home and Harold needs me! Needs me! OMG, love me!

Then Pan wanders along and says Mow. And he sits on my lap, and I scritch under his chin, and he purrs and purrs and purrs.

Then he's done, but Harold is dying! Dying! Give me love!


I do love them, obviously, but it's a little wearing. Can I have 5 minutes? Is that selfish? It's like when I spend half the night snuggled with Harold, and then when I get up and am trying to eat breakfast, he announces that he needs a lap. Excuse me? Weren't you the one lying across my arm five minutes ago, purring? And for the 2 hours before that? Wasn't that you?

Not that cats think about Then. They are all about Now.

I'm yawning so hard that my head hurts, so I think I will postpone further deep thoughts (uh-huh) and start the bed process.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent mood/personality shot of Harold.

    Next week is only THREE WORK DAYS. By the time you get in on the following Monday, everything will be clearer. For everyone. Someone (I forget who) promised me that.

    ReplyDelete