Tuesday, November 18, 2008

But Which Kitchen Aid mixer?

The last time I used my old mixer, I vowed that once I found a job and got back on the financial track, my first splurge would be on a KitchenAid. I want the real thing! I want a mixer that can reach all parts of the bowl! Less scraping!

Right? They're great, right?

But! Which one?

Which kind? There are 7 Tilt-Head Stand Mixers and 15 Bowl Lift Stand Mixers on the company's website. Which is better? Why? I don't need a huge, professional thing, but I don't want to skimp on some feature that's worth extra.
In a test of under-$500 stand mixers, Cook's/America's Test Kitchen chooses the Kitchenaid Classic Plus Stand Mixer, saying,

This mixer aced every test. Testers praised the "intuitive" controls and "solid" feel. While not as powerful as more expensive KitchenAid models, this mixer is a great value.

It's not like these thoughts are keeping me up at night. But still, this sucker should last a long time. I'm hoping a little research will prevent long-term regrets.

Of course, how I'll choose a color....


2 comments:

  1. Don't ask me, but let me know what you choose, ok? I have the world's smallest kitchen; my food processor and slow cooker live on the table. The food processor stands in for a mixer for the most part. When I need a large bowl of something mixed all at once it's down into the basement for the old GE portable that was a wedding present 30+ years ago.

    It's such a lovely problem for you to have :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got one of these for my wedding--I still joke that registering for this mixer is the only reason to get married anymore! We also got the special bowl that is an ice cream maker, though we haven't used it yet. I love the idea of getting all of the attachments too--pasta roller, etc.

    One of the newer models has a motor head on top of the machine, which allows you to use a blender attachment or food processer attachment. If they'd had that model when I registered, I probably would have gotten it to cut down on the number of machines in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete