Saturday, April 26, 2008

Why I Am Baking Cookies at 10 PM

Properly phrased, it's actually a two-part question: why am I making cookies at all, and why am I making them so late?

I'm making them at all because tomorrow is this:


And I fully intended to have them done earlier in the day (of course). What I did not intend was to have a headache earlier in the day. Ugh. However, due to medicating or resting or the phase of the moon and congruence of the planets, I'm feeling better now, and the cookies are done. I took this picture less than an hour ago, and already the last batch is out of the oven.


Chocolate/butterscotch chip. Some for us to have in the car on the way, some for the Harlot. I gave her chocolate last time, but I thought cookies would be fun this time.

So, I am very proud of myself for not letting the weakness of my body overpower my plans! I am up later than I wanted to be, particularly since I was most uncharacteristically up until midnight last night*, but hey. I'm feeling better. That's what's really important.

*I went to dinner with friends, and it was wonderful, both to see them and the food, but I am not now and have never been very good with being up so late. I could totally be nocturnal if I didn't have to get up in the mornings, but oh well. Every situation in life has its drawbacks. Meanwhile, if you're ever in Jamaica Plain, do try the Alchemist. The food is quite good.

And! I got so much done today! The cookies. Six loads of laundry, much needed after being away last weekend. I got my car inspected (and what happened to April? All of a sudden it's the end of the month and where did it go?). And, I finally got to Lady Grace for bra fitting/shopping.

It's taken me this long because during the week, they're open 9:30-5:30, which is awfully close to my own working hours. At least the Woburn store, however, is also open on Saturdays, and after a few weeks of not being able to go for one reason or another, I made it today. And it was a pretty good experience, I have to say.

I was considerably startled to learn that I wear a 40DD, of course. Well, maybe you don't see what's of course about that. How do you not realize you're in that kind of range, you might wonder. Well, either I'm oblivious, or maybe I'm just special that way. As I said before, it's a long time since I wore a bra with actual bra sizing, but I seem to recall 38C being the number at one point. So: 40DD? Really?

Anyway, although it is certainly odd to have a woman I never met before adjusting a bra on my body, she* was very good, very knowledgeable, and listened to what I liked or didn't like about each. I tried on about ten different ones, which can I say was exhausting, and bought two (one black, one white) of the one I liked best to try out in real-world testing before buying any more.

*Her name was Robin, if you find yourself in the Woburn Lady Grace. I recommend her. I must say, there was one scary older woman who, if she had asked me first if I needed any help, would have heard that I was just looking around first, thanks. Whew.

So there's that! I must get to bed to rest up for the big day. So excited! And if the weather interrupts my plans (poor Chicago Harloteers), Mother Nature will be hearing from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment