Sunday, March 16, 2008

It's kind of funny that

Earlier, it seemed so right and reasonable not to get started on the laundry just yet, soon but not right this minute; and how now, not being done with the laundry seems so wrong. The last load is in the dryer, but how I wish it was done and put away instead, and I was crawling into my bed with its clean sheets and blankets with the sense of accomplishment that should accompany such a thing.

And why was I late getting started? I give you Exhibit A:


And Exhibit B:


It's really a wonder that I ever get anything done around here.

2 comments:

  1. It feels so utterly cruel to dislodge a comfy cat from the bed. It feels even nastier to move her off the pile of laundry placed by the washer to be "the next load" while one's going.

    I don't know about you, but my cat obviously was an ethic grandmother in a prior life - well versed in laying on a guilt trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, sleeping cats can put a damper on industriousness in more ways than one : )

    ReplyDelete