Monday, January 07, 2008

Slouchy comfortable versus attractive fitted

I was thinking today about clothing, about dressing. I chose a shirt and sweater today that are more fitted than I sometimes wear, so that I had to be a bit more careful about slouching or stretching (which is not a bad thing to be careful about). And I noticed in the ladies' room mirror, it's flattering! More so than the slouchy, baggy comfort clothes I like to wear. This isn't the first time I've realized that, but it's a good reminder. There's nothing wrong with the baggy, saggy sweatpants and room-for-two sweatshirts when I'm hanging around the house, but it's nice if I appear to have made an effort when I leave the house, especially for work. It makes me feel good to think I look good, and if others agree, that's nice too. What would be the opposite of a vicious circle? Well, it's positive reinforcement, anyway.

Hopefully, knit-blogging tomorrow. I have to finish denuding the Christmas tree and put it out for pickup tomorrow, or I don't know what I'd do with it. Keeping it until next year is not an option.

1 comment:

  1. Clinton & Stacy (What Not To Wear) would be so proud of you for coming to that conclusion all by yourself :-p

    ReplyDelete