Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Do You Want Today To Foreshadow Your 2008?

I'm not sure I really believe that what you do on the first day of the year will predict what will happen to you the rest of the year, but it's an interesting topic to discuss. Here's my day so far:

I was up "last night" until 2 AM, which is extremely unusual for me. I rarely make it to midnight as a general rule. I was invited to a party that was a New Year's Eve sleepover and brunch, which was fun. Of course, I got less sleep than I like to, so let's hope that doesn't carry through the year. The morning and brunch were fun, and if that puts spending time with friends, and good food, into my 2008, so be it!

On the down side, it snowed (again), and I wouldn't like to think I'll be seeing that a lot this year. I may be seeing it, but I don't want to think about it.

(This is starting to remind me of that book from my childhood, Fortunately, which I've mentioned before.)

My friends live north and west of Boston (as in the regular part of the weather forecast, "more accumulation north and west of the city", and after leaving there, clearing off my car, and driving through snow most of the way, it was basically rain by the time I got home. Rain doesn't bother me nearly as much as more of the white s***.

Once I did get home, I caught up with the cats ("You were gone All Night! Did you realize that?"), which should be a constant thing this year as always, and watched hockey, also good, though it wasn't the Bruins. My Bs won yesterday, and are off until Thursday, but I watched part of the Winter Classic, the game the NHL held in Buffalo, outside. Because who doesn't want to play a game in the falling snow? They're all just little boys, really. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

And while I was watching, I was knitting: also good! I started a hat Sunday night, when I wanted to sit down for a bit after all the laundry and cookie-making. I worked on it a little at lunch yesterday (at work, where the crowd was pretty small), and did most of it at the party. I could have finished it then, really, except that I didn't have my dpns with me to finish the decreases. So I finished it today, and am pleased with it. I don't know if I'll keep it for myself. I think I have enough hats, actually, so I'll have to see who else it fits. I'll try to photograph it soon, but not tonight. I'm feeling pretty low-key and laid-back, and not like hat-modeling, for some reason.

Now, just in case this is a predictor of the year, I'd better pick up a book tonight, to set the tone properly. Never a problem; you don't have to twist my arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment