Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Heading South in February

I started thinking at Christmas that it would be nice to go see my parents for a few days, so we could hang out without the holiday stresses (it was great to see them, but you know, the holidays). It doesn't hurt that they're in Florida, while I live in the land of recurring snow (it flurried again this morning. Stop it already!).

Handily enough, JetBlue had a fare sale right when I was starting to wonder if I was going to be able to get there without a second mortgage, so I'll be going next month. And of course, my first thought is, what shall I knit on the trip?

Even though I didn't do a lot of Christmas knitting, I feel like with the New Year, I need to reassess what I'm knitting, with what, for whom, etcetera. However, no pulling out the stash and going on a sorting binge tonight: I have to do a few things around the house. Tomorrow night, I'm visiting my friends with the twins! So it sounds like a weekend project it is. If I get to it. The deadline (for the trip) isn't for over a month. Right now, I'm knitting another hat, just because it was cast on and abandoned sometime last year. (Mount Everest, anyone?)

I did photograph the hat I finished yesterday, though this photo looks more like I was trying to photograph the camera. Oh well. (You can see by my expression that I was really trying; sometimes, that just isn't enough.)


I'm not knocking my own knitting, but this isn't an exciting hat. It's fine, knitting it was good, but it's not a candidate for the big bragging.

I still don't know what I'm going to do with the Mirasol Cotanani that I bought at the yarn sale. I think I'll post to the Knit List and see if anyone else has suggestions. So far, Ravelry users aren't using it much, and I don't really want to make a kid's vest or stuffed animal. Perhaps someone on the Knit List has used it, or has suggestions for a similar yarn. Worth a try: I really want to play with this yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment