Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Who's in charge here?

Have you ever seen this on a shirt or bumper sticker?
Cats don't have owners, they have staff.
As I was getting ready for work this morning, I was looking at Pan, snuggled on the bed, in the sun, clearly at about a 9.5 on the comfort scale.

I on the other hand was tired, and achy still from gardening, had cramps, had spent ten minutes cleaning up cat vomit, had a tickle in my throat from all the pollen in the air (I wait all winter for this weather and then it does this to me), and I was after all getting ready to go to work. I like my job, but it is a job: there's a reason they have to pay me to go.

He likes to complain when things don't follow his wishes 100%, like when I was late getting home last night, but he leads a very nice life overall, and there are times when I'd switch places with him (all I have to do is think "litter box" and "bathe with my tongue" and the feeling passes, but I bet you know what I mean).

Plus, I wish I could purr when I was really happy.

I hope I'll be purring tomorrow. I've ordered some new shoes, and maybe one pair will fit. I ordered some from Zappos and some from Endless.com, which a couple of Laurie's commenters recommended as comparable. I like the search features of both sites, how you search by size, width, heel height, price ranges, all these factors and probably more but that's what I cared about. And, very cool, free overnight shipping, and free return shipping if I don't like them or they don't fit. Endless even has a $5 "rebate" on shipping, so the $40 shoes cost me $35 (the least expensive shoes, so you know they won't fit, right?). I'll report on them when they all arrive.

Meanwhile, back in cat-land, I have a gray tabby draped over my right forearm. It's an interesting way to type...

No comments:

Post a Comment