Thursday, May 17, 2007

A few bugs yet

I'm sensing that even though it's 2007, Microsoft has not fully resolved their Y2K issues. You think?

Either that, or New Toy is capable of time travel, which would be pretty cool, but I think that would have cost extra, and I know I didn't pay for that.

I have to go get ready for bed now, so I can watch the season finale of CSI at 9. I usually watch the CSIs via On Demand some time during the week after they air (love the On Demand from Comcast, so I can watch at my convenience, with minimal commercials), but tonight Sarah's disappearing and we find out who's behind the miniature killings, and I think I have to watch in (gasp) real time. Oh, the humanity.

Pan will be thrilled, since he really wants my lap back. The cats have been very lappy tonight. We lost power sometime today, I had to reset clocks, so perhaps there were boomers (i.e., thunderstorms, which they hate), and they want reassurance. I was on the computer earlier dealing with installing Ad-Aware and Spybot, and Pan was on my lap, and Harold came along mewing for the lap, really insistently, as if to say, "How can there be another cat on your lap when I want it?" He hung around for about 5 minutes before he gave up. Such a hard life. I am in great demand sometimes. Yet when I want a cat on my lap, there are times when I can go begging.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that Y2K bug is too funny. Microsoft. Yet another reason I'm waiting to upgrade for a few years. XP is finally an excellent mostly bug-free OS, and I'm going to use it for a while. :o)

    Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete