Monday, May 21, 2007

Ready for twins

So I'm supposed to be modest and all, but really, aren't the sweaters cute? I mean, really? I'm tickled at how they came out. Not bad for my first sweater knitting. Not perfect, but hey, neither am I.

I think they'll hold up to the babies, which is what counts in the end (other than the affection knit into every stitch, that is). And if not, well, they're cute, and the parents will have a while to just look at them before they'll fit the babies, anyway, so cute has to be worth something on its own.

You realize it's about going to kill me to put these in the washing machine, right? The yarn is machine wash and dry, and I really can't give the sweaters to the parents untested. That would not be nice. Ouch. I shall have to be strong. Not tonight, though. Not tonight.

A couple of other things:
  • The alarm clock is a Sony, from the Dream Machine line, and it did indeed wake me this morning just as it should have. I'm not complacent yet, but that was encouraging. I bought it at Sears, in case anyone wondered.
  • I want to put the "button" for the Mother's Day Project in my sidebar, but I know I've seen people mention in other places that one should be careful to take buttons properly so that you use your own something-or-other (bandwidth?) and not the host's. Anyone know what that means and can explain to me in words of one syllable what I should do, so I don't mess with Anne's site?

4 comments:

  1. You can do it. You really can. (Both sweater washing & button placement. :o)

    Button etiquette:

    Right click on the button you would like to use.

    Click the "Save Image As" line in the box that pops up (a.k.a. context menu).

    Save it to your computer somewhere that you'll find it easily. (I usually put those kinds of things on my desktop.)

    Go log into your online photo hosting service (I use PhotoBucket, Flikr is darn popular, and there are TONS of others, including Google Pages).

    Upload the button image file to your online photo account.

    Add the appropriate html item to your blogger template using the "HTML/Java Script" widget. (You can get the code and instructions on how to use it here: http://www.davesite.com/webstation/html/chap04.shtml

    Hopefully it works--Blogger seems to be hiccuping right now. No "Add Element" spot on the template page. Give 'em an hour or three, and it should be back.

    HTH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.) I'm running a "Name My Piano" contest over at The Passionate Mind, if you'd like to join in. Good luck with the button & washing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go ahead. Be proud of yourself! You earned it and then some. The sweaters are totally adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, very cute sweaters - congrats! As to the washing machine, just keep repeating, "It's blocking. It's blocking. No, really, it's blocking." [g]

    Thanks much for the alarm clock info, I'll have to track one down!

    ReplyDelete