Sunday, May 20, 2007

The proof will be in the alarming

But at least I found one. Interestingly, this photo, taken with the flash, washed out one of the features:

The time is in green, the alarm time in orange. The alarm only shows if it's set.

How amazingly intuitive. Forget about a little dot like the little AM or PM dot and you're supposed to remember which dot is which only I never do. If the orange time is on, that means the alarm will be going off at that time. Well. That seems quite simple.

Also, when I plugged the clock in, it knew what time it was. Apparently it could tell from the electricity. (Don't ask me how.) I had to flick the switch to tell it we're in daylight saving time, and the time was set. I like that in a clock.

It still has to wake me in the morning, so I don't want to get too excited prematurely. Still, nice.

And foot? Still hurts. Mysterious. I took it easy last night, thus finishing the first sleeve and starting the second, but it didn't help the foot at all. I'm baffled. And limping. But otherwise good. I had meatloaf, baked potato, and asparagus for dinner, and I have a new clock. It could be worse.

5 comments:

  1. Ok, that is a cool clock! In fact, I'd like one like it - only without the radio function. ;) (Although considering how I really can sleep through alarms, maybe I should reconsider.) But I really, really like the alarm in the different color. As you said, so much easier! So, can you reveal what brand it is??? My digital alarm is showing signs of dying, I wouldn't mind having a clue for when I start shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My alarm clock is too much for me. I cannot set it correctly. I cannot shut it off correctly. As if that were a new thing!

    It *says* it can handle two different alarm times, but I cant even get one to work right. So I use a kitchen timer, setting it before I go to bed at night. Now it is saying I do not have enough time to sleep before getting up tomorrow.

    I like a clock that can figure out the local time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely cool clock. My guess is that it actually has a little sensor that picks up the signals from the cellular towers. It knows what time it is the same way your cell phone does. As for the daylight savings trick with the light switch, that would be easy to put into the code that runs the electronics.

    I REALLY like the alarm time in orange bit. Really and truly useful. Hmmmm . . . maybe I'll have to do a little alarm clock shopping soon. My bedside clock is cute, but it's no good for waking up in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, an intuitive alarm clock--what a concept! Love that alarm set in a different color! I have to keep the book that came with it tucked under mine to remember what to do before I even touch it! Oh, and apparently they are making them as plastic fake toys with no working parts---I had to return 2 before I got one that actually worked!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so good, I just bought one from ebay! After a recent power cut which happened after I pressed snooze and before the alarm went off again (overslept by an hour - damn) I love the idea of the battery backup....

    ReplyDelete