Tuesday, May 08, 2007

When blood is 'clean'

Pan's bloodwork came back clean: no diseases, no bad reports. His limp is even better (no, he hasn't been practicing; I mean he's limping less), and since that was the last lingering trace of the Friday traumatic vet visit, we're going to be talking about yarn again here in no time!

Not quite yet, though. He did still lose the weight, after all. The vet had said from the start that cats with cardiac conditions can lose weight because of that condition; we had to go through the testing just in case it was something else causing the weight loss. So it is good news that there isn't apparently something else going on. {I say apparently because it is still possible that there's something else there, currently undetected, like a tumor (ulp).} I'll be monitoring Pan's weight regularly from here on, and if he either loses a lot more weight in a short period of time, or loses enough weight over a long period that he gets down to an unhealthy weight, we'll go looking for an underlying cause. For now, though, he's good, I'm relieved, and we can stop making this all-cats-all-worry-all-the-time. Won't that be nice for everyone?

So here are some of the things I can think of to blog about in the coming days:
  • knitting, which I have been doing, not that you'd know it! I'm working on the second sweater, that's the sweater for the second baby, and it's coming nicely.
  • the weather, which has improved out of all recognition: I will have nice things to say about the weather! Paeans! (You won't recognize me.) And photos of flowers and blue skies. Lovely.
  • a more serious project I've involved myself in, in a very small way
  • a fat rant on YouTube, and what it got me thinking about (you can go watch it now if you like, and start your own thinking ahead of time)
  • a song on the radio, and what it got me thinking about
  • buying a new computer, finally finally, if my old computer doesn't crash again tonight in the process (as it did Sunday, blue screen of death, how ironic is that?)
In closing, have you ever had something happen that, while not pleasant in itself, is so close to being so much worse that all you can be is overwhelmingly grateful?

I was driving home tonight, traffic was bad, got off the highway, slow-and-go on the side roads, when a bird pooped right on my windshield, splat! I don't think I ever got hit while I was driving before, and it's pretty nasty, you know?

Except. Maybe two feet farther back is my open sun roof.

Yuck! Oh. Thank. God!

2 comments:

  1. Whew on Pan - yeah, I know, not totally, but there's not some big horrible jumping out at you, y'know? Hopefully those shoulder and neck muscles are starting to relax a little. And Pan's, too. ;)

    Sounds like interesting stuff ahead, and I loved the fat rant. Thanks for the link! And good luck on new computer! Will keep fingers crossed you find a great deal and just what you want, fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I am so glad about the kitty.

    Second, I had the exact same experience with the bird poop. I was pregnant and my husband was driving. We went under a bridge and the bird chose that moment to drop a load on the windshield right in front of me... and our sun roof was open. My husband couldn't quit laughing. I couldn't look at it cause it was making me so queasy (isn't that a great word?). I swear that bird had chili.

    ReplyDelete