Wednesday, March 04, 2020

The Update to the Update

I guess my complaining yesterday got through to the universe, because we heard last night that the window people would be starting on us today, and they did. The workers were pleasant and polite and communicated well, and also the process was noisy and disruptive and messy and kind of maddening. And although the worst of the noise stopped when they finished ours, they went on to next door, and will then be working below us, plus the roofers are back, so, well, it's still not ideal, far from it. But the new windows are in, and maybe I won't have to move my bedside table anymore.

The cat Is Not Pleased with all the goings-on here, as you can imagine.

Also, if the markings on the front of the building mean what I suspect they mean, our lanai may be one of the ones that they think needs rebar work, and if you thought the rest of this shit was loud, just wait.

So! I am going to send you to read this "can you believe it" story about the cars that cost $2 million each--and all 12 are presold!--and invite you to weigh in on that ridiculousness.

I will not be here tomorrow, as we're going to watch the Bruins play the Panthers, very exciting! So I'll catch you Friday night or this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Curious. How is it "sustainable" to use 5000 year old bog-preserved wood? It's not like you can grow more of that in a hurry.

    The color reminds me of a time back when I was having my hair dyed when the beautician always liked to, well, play with my hair when she got done. This was back when Trump was still married to his first wife, it was New Years Eve, we had a party to go to that evening, and the woman really went to town. Emptied two cans of hairspray into my head as she beehived it up to here. It was the spitting image of Ivana.

    I picked up my drycleaning and the little Korean woman, who had known me by face for years, was speechless. She managed to do the transaction without taking her eyes off that hair.

    I came home, said to my daughter, Only the really rich pay to look that bad, and stepped in the shower and washed it all out.

    Like the color of that car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. Lots of noise. Go Bruins!

    ReplyDelete