Friday, March 20, 2020

Still Here

These days, I tell you. These days.

I don't have to tell you that the world has gone mad; we're all going through that. Mom and I are mostly staying in, and going stir-crazy with it.

Which is, of course, made far worse by the continuing, unending work happening in our building. Six weeks of noise and mess and more noise, and it's not done!

They've entirely ripped out the lanai on the floor above us (now that was loud), as well as doing the repair work on ours and others'. That all isn't done yet either, and no, we don't have our railings or screens back up from what they took down a week ago.

This morning they painted our lanai, meaning that we had to bring everything inside and it looks like a furniture warehouse. The cat had to be shut into my room while the painting went on, and was a sad and perplexed kitty (who also slept part of the time, certainly).

In other words:
I have at least discovered that root beer with vanilla rum in it is delicious. I may like it better than Coke with caramel vodka. So there's that. Hang in there, people.

1 comment: