Saturday, March 14, 2020

A Small But Satisfying Solution

Forgive me for not delving into the deep-seated uncertainty of the coronavirus pandemic right now, and I will also not burden you tonight with the latest on the continuing and unending condo work. Maybe tomorrow. Feel free to comment on anything that's on your mind.

When I lived up north, and wanted to use my swift and ball-winder to wind a skein of yarn, I had an old table-y-thing that I set them up on; it was called a desk return, I believe, the side part of a desk, with some storage space underneath, that I had picked up at Goodwill years back. I used it in the kitchen for extra storage and counter space, and it worked well for yarn winding.

However, it was not in good shape, and did not make the cut to move with, and down here, I've struggled with the best way to wind. My makeshift solution has been the coffee table, which works okay, but it's low, which is hard on my back, and the beveled edges mean some unsteadiness in the winding.

Enter two bar stools:
The swift and winder can stay on them, and I can pull them out as needed.
And once I move that chest to the left back in front of the window, it will look a bit less like a secondhand furniture shop in here. But that may as well wait for the window inspector.

1 comment:

  1. Stacking stools--that's a great solution. I like that!

    ReplyDelete