Sunday, March 08, 2020

Hockey in Florida

Mom and I went over to Sunrise Thursday night to see the Bruins play the Panthers. And of course, I took some pictures! Mostly before the game started, but let me lay it all out here, as much for my future reference as anything else. (I found that my post about going to the game last year was very helpful, particularly in reminding me that the godawful loud goal horn was a thing I should be prepared for. Though I think it was nearer to my seat last year, which was closer to the other blue line than these seats were, and slightly higher up.)

Waiting to go in.
I thought the doors opened more than an hour ahead of time, but I was wrong about that. Oh well. An hour it is. Waiting outside is no hardship down here. Hockey in the land of palm trees.
This is the view from our seats, no zoom.
We were in section 317, second row, seats 15 and 16.
Those seats are next to a separate section with folding chairs. I don't really understand it, but to the point, it isn't accessed through our row, which meant no one going back in forth in front of us all game. I mean, they did in the row ahead of us, so there was some sight-line blocking, but no having to stand up or move your legs or anything. And it's right along the blue line, so you get quite a decent overview of the ice. Would sit there again!

Oh, good, we're here for the right game.
I will never not be amused at the rat instructions.
Warm-ups start about half an hour before the game. Here come the Bruins!
Scattering pucks everywhere.
And skating around in the weird lighting.
Until the Panthers got on the ice, and the lights came up normally. That's better!
Doing their weird stretchy moves.
And Pasta doing his limbering. Left.
Center.
Right.
Then joined by Krug and Grzelcyk for some company. We all go this way.
We all go that way.
We pair off.
And then we do some standing.
This kid is 12 years old and he did a fine job with the national anthem. I've heard far worse from supposed pros!
And we're off!
Lots of Bruins fans at the game, including the one in the front row in a Bruins puck hat.
As for the game itself (oh, that), it wasn't the Bruins' best effort, and they were outplayed by the Panthers quite a bit. But they managed to win it in overtime.
So thank heavens for that much, at least. It was a fun game, and we went to Ruby Tuesday for an early dinner first (there isn't one too near us, and Mom loves the bourbon salmon), which still left enough room for a pretzel at intermission, because that's the rule, I have to have a pretzel if I go to a hockey game. I'm just following the rules. (I love pretzels.)

I was pretty tired driving home, not unsafe to drive but I wouldn't want to drive any more tired than that. It's about an hour and 45 minutes away, once we got out of the parking lot (which only took about 15 minutes but felt longer). Home by midnight, and someone forgave me pretty quickly for being out.
She also very much approved of my having taken the morning after the game off work, so we could have some relaxed time to wake up and get moving.







1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, especially after all that roof pounding and the like, an adventure is just the thing!

    ReplyDelete