Saturday, August 10, 2019

Knitting Reveal

Now that the recipient has the gift, I can finally blog about the cowl I made this summer! Wow, it turns out I really like to blog/Instagram my knitting progress in more like real time. But no matter, this one went well, and here it is, in the many shades of different lighting.

The pattern is the Willow Cowl, and the yarn a skein of Zen Yarn Garden Serenity Glitter Sock in the colorway Flamingo (that was onnnn saaaaale!). As well as the wool and the sparkle, this yarn has a bit of cashmere, making it quite delicious to knit with, and hopefully to wear.

I cast on and got the project started for my trip up to Boston in July, figuring that it would be good plane-and-travel knitting, which it was. Here it is, in progress:
And slightly farther along.
With it mushed up on the circular needle, you couldn't really see the pattern yet.
And here it is, home again, in an artsy shot with the project bag and my drink, when I was struck by the colors.
Night shot, getting close to done!
 Almost there:
 Here's where I decided to stop; the pattern is written for more repeats, but I was getting low on yarn, and ready to be done with it.
The top edge rolls:
 Until you tack it down underneath, making the top edge a match for the bottom picot edge.
And then it doesn't roll!
This photo above and the one below are before it got wet.
And here it is, laid out to dry.
And finally, dry!
I really like the look of it.
 Even inside out!
So that's kind of fun.
I might conceivably make one for myself someday. But right now, too many things are jostling for my attention: more on that another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment