Friday, May 18, 2018

Friday Night and Bleary

Whoa, am I tired tonight. It's been a long day, a long week, a long month ... times six, really.

I've made good progress this week, both mentally in terms of making peace with the schedule*, and physically in terms of getting things packed, and getting things gone. (Doesn't mean I haven't had emotional lows, as well as highs, but that's the way it goes.) I've had a dozen or more people come by to take things small and large, and every thing someone takes is a thing I don't have to deal with on my own. Particularly handy for the large things, but literally, take that bowl if you want it. One less thing for me.
*No word on whether the buyer's bank actually came through with the promised paperwork, and it's after 7 Friday night. Oh well, I'm moving anyway!

Tonight I went down into the basement to load a few things into my car, old electronics that have been down there for years that I will take to the city yard tomorrow, along with a few bags of styrofoam pieces (they do a special collection for that only a few times a year, so I'm glad I'm not missing it). I plan to get some groceries after that, then I have dinner plans with a group of friends, and afternoon ice cream plans with a friend who can't make dinner. Should be a good day!

For now, though, my hands have decided I am done with lifting and carrying and exertion for the night. I'm going to finish up the toe of a sock, since it's almost done so not too much for the hands, and one more person is coming by to pick up a thing, but then it's early to bed for me.

Under two weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment