Thursday, May 10, 2018

Getting Here and There

I went into the office today to have a sort-of-farewell lunch with people; I'm not leaving the company, but since I'm leaving the area, it was suggested that it would be "nice" if I could come in one last time, and I thought it was politic to agree. I mean, I like the people! They're nice, and friendly, and asked about the move and how the sale was going, so I got to talk about the topic at the front of my mind all day. The pizza was even good. It's the getting into the city that's annoying/time-consuming/expensive/tiring.

And sometimes creepy, like the guy I saw on the T this morning who (more than once) licked the screen of his smartphone.

Anyway, that aside, it all went fine, but it's a lot more walking than I have done in a day in a long time, and right now my feet and legs hurt so much, it's hard to be the slightest bit sentimental about what was possibly my last day in the actual city of Boston.

I had a snack when I got home, and now I'm thinking that really, I ought to have dinner before I go to bed ... but I will definitely not be up late.
No news on the mortgage approval, obviously, or I would have led with that, but I did get the certificate showing that I'm up-to-date on my condo fees*, which "they" need to have as part of this whole process, and the woman at the car carrier called to let me know that she's working on arranging that, so I shouldn't worry. Which is good to know, as I had it on the list for tomorrow to check in with her, but it's not exactly exciting news, is it?
*It was a little disturbing that the woman who sent it, from the condo's property managers mind you, put the wrong address in the subject line of the email (like, 25 when it's 26). But the cert itself is fine.

And ... that is all she wrote.

1 comment:

  1. I love the sound of that party. You will be missed there.

    ReplyDelete