Friday, May 04, 2018

Pacing Myself

It may have rained last night, but it didn't storm enough to wake me, which I appreciate as there were some people outside my windows last night, ah, appreciating the nice weather until a few hours after my bedtime. I just looked at the forecast for tonight and was a bit surprised to see a Gale Warning, but it turns out that's meant for boaters, not for me. Still, despite the weather map, it is looking like rain right now.

Jeez, here I am, talking about the weather. It's hard to come up with anything that isn't move-related! I am still doing the kinds of things I have been doing, sorting and packing and planning; making small bits of progress; waiting for the buyer's mortgage to be approved.

I am hoping for the good Bruins team to show up tonight, and win this game. Just this one, guys! As Brick just said on the pregame show, it's not an elimination game, but if they lose it, it's hard to imagine they can win the next three in a row. (I keep muting the pregame, then turning the sound back on; looking back at the last game is depressing, but I want to hear what's going on... kind of.)

Weather, moving, and the Bruins. Yeah, that's most of what's in my head right now. But if you want something else, here's a question:
When you read a memoir/personal essay kind of book, how important is it to you to have something in common with the writer? 
I'm not sure I would have said it was important to me, but I started a book (related to knitting, actually) where I just can't relate to some parts of the author's personality/experiences, and I found it kind of off-putting.

No comments:

Post a Comment