Friday, May 25, 2018

The Friday Before

I opened Blogger as usual today, and there was this notice at the top of the page:
It says that (because of this EU privacy notice thing that you've probably heard about, along with receiving dozens of "We've updated our privacy policy!" emails recently) they have added a notice to my blog about it, but ... I didn't see it? I even tried their suggestion to log in to a .co.uk version of the blog and it wasn't there. But when I flipped back to that window, there was a message at the top about cookies, and what Google does with the data it collects, so I guess that's it.

Technology, man. I can't keep up.

~~~~~
Friday achievements:

  • The car is now heading south, and will be there before I get there.
  • Though I didn't get to see it put onto the car carrier, which I had been interested to see. Due to nearby roads with no trucks allowed, and narrow streets, I ended up meeting the car carrier a mile or so away, on a street where they were able to park without blocking traffic. Someone drove me back to my house in my car, then she drove it back to put on the carrier. Oh well. I certainly didn't feel strongly enough about seeing it happen to want to walk home after.
  • I have a rental car for the rest of my time here. After listening to the Enterprise commercials all season ("Pick Enterprise, we'll pick you up!"), I decided to thank them for their support of hockey, when I finally needed to rent a car.
  • The guy from the movers called to confirm we're on for Tuesday. They had originally said 8-9, but he said 8-10, which means I will be a tense wreck from about 7:45 until whenever they get here. Oh well. And then it will be over!
  • After I finished the report I was working on, the rest of the work day was quiet. As it should be, right before a holiday weekend.
  • I tried to spend the time balancing between "get things done" and "take it easy" so that I wouldn't cripple myself. That's my motto for the rest of the prep time: get it done, but don't kill myself doing it. (The sore spot on my back was acting up today, and trying to send some discomfort up to my neck. Great! Ice pack it is.)
  • I'm at the chowder stage of packing, filling boxes with a little of this and some of that and oh hey, throw the other thing in.

And now I'm off to dinner with friends! A good day, overall, even if it did start with my neighbor's blender waking me (is there a stage one can achieve that is beyond liquid? I think that's what they were going for).

No comments:

Post a Comment