Sunday, January 07, 2018

Gift Given: Knitting Reveal (part two)

I have gone back into the blog, and it appears that every time I have knit a certain pattern, I have felt the need to show many progress photos of it. Why break tradition now?

In 2013, I made the very clever Cephalohedron pattern for the first time, for my brother.

Then, a year ago, I made one for Mary Ellen for her birthday.

And since I made it while at my mother's, and she was very interested in it, I made one for her in February. (She named him Jerry.)

At some point last year, I was talking about this with my friend J, and she made the mistake of saying something like, "Well, everyone needs an octopus." Aha! I thought to myself. Christmas knitting, here I come.

Hers is a medium-dark blue on the pouch side.


And grey on the reverse.

And all the in-process photos.






Work-in-progress visits with Jerry.


I finished him back at home, and gave him to her last week, and she seemed pleased. Perhaps everyone does need an octopus. Squid. Cephalohedron. Call it what you will.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture with just the one little tentacle poking out. A tentative tentacle!

    ReplyDelete