Saturday, January 20, 2018

No, 45, This Is No Credit To You

One year ago, I was at the Boston Women's March; today, I was in Cambridge for the one-year-later version. And at one point, the announcer told us that the President had tweeted today, in part, "Beautiful weather all over our great country, a perfect day for all Women to March." Ugh. Way to miss the point, 45.

The event was from 1-3; I arrived before it started, and made it until about 2:30, at which point, feet numb from cold and standing (and my back hurting top to bottom), I attached myself to a line of people moving through the crowd, and made my way out. But it was a good event, good speakers (especially AG Maura Healey), and I came away with a good sense of "no, this is not normal" verification (and feet that thawed, an hour later).

I based my sign on one I saw a photo of last year, that said, "So bad the introverts are out." I figured, that's still true, so I updated the sentiment.
This one was probably my favorite:
A very creative take on the "stable genius" idea.
I've seen this idea before, and applaud it.
"You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office!"
I know this one's blurry, it was hard to capture. Next to the Trump photo, it says, "Does this ass make my sign look big?"
These people got a loud reaction all over.
Driving home, I decided I had better stop for something to eat, since otherwise I would come home and be too tired to fix the hungry. Sitting down, resting, warming up, it was peaceful. Just looking around, and up.
I've pretty much been on the couch since I got home, and I'm heading back there. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment