Monday, January 15, 2018

Blue Winter Mood

It's really cold again, and the downside to living close to the chiropractor is that the car doesn't warm up one degree before I'm there. Then it's freezing again to get into, to go the little grocery store nearby, and freezing again when I come out. But I have a few groceries now, and since it's supposed to snow again starting late tomorrow, I did want to make the stop.

Another 4-7 inches, is the latest I heard. It will warm up again, somewhat, after that, so at least it isn't expected to stick around too long, but still. Brr, plus shoveling. I prefer my sore back to be from clearing out closets and sorting through things to get rid of; I did a fair bit of that this weekend, and feel a good sense of accomplishment, to go with the sore back. Shoveling does not bring the same feeling. At least I don't have anywhere to go on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, it's two months since Carlos died. I guess it hurts a little bit less than it did two months ago, if not much. I don't cry every day. But I do cry some days, and I still feel the loss, hard and painful, at some point or many points every day. My baby boy.
I miss him so much.

The Bruins played this afternoon, and it's such a shame that they didn't play very well*, because NESN is replaying the game tonight, and I do wish I wanted to watch it again. It would be a good distraction. But I don't want to see it, so I'll have to find something else to do.
*They lost in overtime, so their streak of not losing a game in regulation continues. Since December 14th, I think they said; a good long time, anyway.

Put in a movie? Pull up an old game on YouTube? Well, eat dinner, anyway. That's a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment