Sunday, November 12, 2017

My Weekend, by ccr

I don't feel too bad about the end of the weekend approaching. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd love another day of it! But I balanced out what I did this weekend for rest-and-rejuvenation, and what I did in the accomplishment category, and I feel pretty good about where I've ended up.

In the first category:

  • Friday night I went to dinner and a movie with friends. It was great to catch up with them, it had been far too long. The movie (Victoria and Abdul) was very good: basically a comedy for the first three-quarters, then rather sad to end, but still enjoyable. There's an interesting article about the story in Vanity Fair, and if you want a spoilers-and-all summary of the movie, the Wikipedia article sums it all up. Also, we had dinner at Lexx, in Lexington, and as it was a cold night, I had to get something cozy. I had the mac and cheese with bacon, and oh, that was soooo good, even reheated for lunch Saturday. I wanted it again last night.
  • However, I did have fun last night, taking my friend's daughter to Barnes & Noble to get books (as her 13th birthday present). We wandered around for a good hour, asking each other if we'd read this or that, then had cookies in the cafe before I brought her back. This is what she got.


  • Speaking of reading, I've also been doing some of that this weekend. I'd been in a string of start-and-not-finish books lately, and I missed really getting into a book. 

In the second category:

  • I ran and emptied the dishwasher, and did some hand dishes.
  • I did my first pass through the yarn stash to get rid of some of it prior to moving: this was the easiest pass, since it's fairly basic stuff that I've accumulated here and there, nothing special to me, and it might as well be used. Someone in a local Facebook group for giving things away had asked recently if anyone had any spare yarn, and she's coming by tomorrow to get two kitchen-trash-sized bags from me. This feels good. I will make at least one more pass through before moving, and I know each time will get harder. Baby steps.
  • I also filled a small bag with more books to get rid of, and have three winter jackets in the car to donate.
  • I went to the pet store, and the grocery store.
  • I got my hair cut.
  • I filled that car with gas before I ran out altogether. I know, it isn't much of an accomplishment, but it is something I got done.

Anyway, some of this and some of that and here we are, Sunday evening. I'm off to do some more of this and that.

1 comment:

  1. Mac and cheese must be the thing lately--a friend and I were out on Friday night and the mac and cheese she got looked really good!

    Yay for book presents! (I didn't like THE GREENGLASS HOUSE but maybe it's because I'm not 13...)

    ReplyDelete