Wednesday, November 01, 2017

I Prefer "Detail-Oriented"

But the term nit-picker is also apt.

I was at the pharmacy tonight, waiting to find out if I could get my flu shot there (which turned out to be yes, so that's one more thing crossed off the to-do list, pleasing me so much it's a little sad), and I glanced at the shelf next to me, along the front of the pharmacy, which held boxes of diabetes monitors. And there was one, with the side facing me, that showed the expiration date of 10/2017.

It's expired. That shouldn't be on the shelf. A customer might not notice, and buy it.

It took all I had not to pull it off the shelf and give it to the pharma tech, who I am 99% certain was not responsible for such items. The store must have a rotation for stocking and checking dates, and even if the pharmacy people are the ones to do it, they would do it when they wanted to, not when some busybody pointed out a problem to them. He was busy, they were all busy, and he wouldn't have thanked me for it.

But, man, did I ever want to.

3 comments:

  1. I would have had a hard time not pointing it out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply would have. But then I'm busybodier on medical things like that than I am other things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Oh, sorry, didn't mean to be anonymous there.)

    ReplyDelete