Tuesday, November 28, 2017

A Few, Very Random Maine Photos, and a Couple of Details

I didn't do a good job of photographing the amazing scenery inside and out at the Cliff House, but I do have a few random shots (besides the ones of the room).

I spent more than a little time on a couch by this fireplace, knitting, and sometimes chatting or just hanging out with friends.
It's a gas fireplace, so the logs are just for decoration. Which made me wonder if they have to dust them once in a while.
I took this photo one of the few times that no one was in front of the other fireplace, so that's why I didn't sit by it while we were there. But we saw people there playing games, including the giant tic tac toe set on the table.
The restaurant was to the right, and a gorgeous view that I somehow never took a picture of was to the left. Water and rocks and tide and endless view.

This seating area was by the elevators on our floor.
The carpet in the elevators made me think of knit stitches.
Speaking of elevators, here is my self-portrait, titled Reflection in Elevator.
As for the rest, well. Some of my friends walked the Marginal Way, or went into the pool and hot tub, or even did a little shopping. I sat and knitted, and tried to manage my sadness enough to be social. Mostly successfully.

We had Thanksgiving dinner at a place called Roost, and it was delicious! And, interestingly, faced with four meal options, only two of us, out of 11, had turkey! Yes, I was one.

For the anniversary dinner, we went to a place called MC Perkins Cove, and it was fabulous! Of course it was dark, so we didn't get to see the famous view, but they gave us a small room upstairs for ourselves, and it was a great setup. As for the food, I had the beef tenderloin, and every single bite was perfect. I mean, perfect. How often can you say that?

One last photo, of a gallery across the street, glowing in the dark.

1 comment:

  1. so wonderful to have you with us for the celebration, my friend.

    ReplyDelete