Thursday, May 25, 2017

My American Dream Score

In this morning's Globe was a column by Yvonne Abraham talking about the American Dream Score, which is the result of a quick quiz you can take to determine how much the circumstances of your life have helped or hindered your success in life.

I decided to give it a try, and the results didn't really surprise me: despite not being in the 1%, I have been very lucky.
And how they explain the numbers:
And I guess all I'm saying (other than try it and tell me what you think) is that on a gray, cold, rainy day when my ankle hurts, it isn't a bad thing to be reminded of just how lucky I am, overall.

Though honestly, the way the weather's been lately, I had to share this picture when I ran across it this morning.
Next week is supposed to be a little warmer (gosh, maybe some highs in the 70s), but it's a bit sad that I'm looking forward to visiting Florida* because it will be warmer. In June!
*Can't remember if I've mentioned it; there was another JetBlue sale, and I'm going down around my mother's birthday. Working trip this time, but heat!

1 comment: