End of Weekend Random
Time for a random list of things!
- Carlos was asleep this afternoon when I went out for some groceries, and clearly only woke up when I returned. He came into the kitchen, blinking, and tried to summon his usual disapproval of my having gone out, but it was unconvincing. "How dare you leave me? Um, you were out, right? Were you gone long? Um, how could you?"
- Last night I watched the Olympics and knit on the second half of the lace shawl, finally getting it past the patterned part, to where it's social knitting again. I plan to finish up the rainbow stripe shawl first, since I just have to get through the rest of the blue stripe and the last of the grey, then it's onward with the lace. Woo-hoo!
- I don't think I've ever seen a horizontal lightning bolt, but it's pretty cool! (It also cracks me up that it apparently happened in Tampa, home of the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning.)
- It's fun to check on an author whose book I liked, and find out there's another one out by her.
- Finally, I found this video about the true size of the world versus the Mercator map very interesting. I did know that Greenland is very misleading, but a lot of the other stuff, like Japan next to the East Coast of the US, was startling.