Saturday, April 30, 2016

Shawl Knitting Update

As I mentioned the other day, I started knitting the Puncia shawl, and it's going well! Here is a progress shot from earlier today.
I know, not much to look at yet, but I'm enjoying it so far, once I got past those first bumps. And there may be more bumps, but for now, I will enjoy it. I've done one other thing that is helping me quite a lot: color-coded the decreases, since there are two types in the right-side rows and two in the wrong-side rows, and I kept having to look at the key to check which was which. Colors make it much more clear.
I know that doesn't look at all clear, not literally, but I didn't want to put up the pattern where it could be read, since it isn't a free pattern. I guess you have to take my word for it that the colors are helping me immensely. And the yarn feels good, too.

Today's weather was much nicer than I thought it was going to be, in the low 60s and sunny, though it was still the kind of day that, when the breeze picked up, felt quite chilly in the shade. Still, decent. I was out shopping in the afternoon, and only needing a t-shirt, no long sleeves or jacket required, was very nice. Tomorrow I'll be outdoors part of the day, so when I report back on that expedition, I'll tell you about the weather, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment